AANM will be attending the Manitoba Showcase in Portage La Prairie, MB, as part of the Manitoba Showcase.
It will be the place to be October 25-28, 2018. In partnership with the Portage District Arts Centre and the William Glesby Centre, MB Showcase provides a forum for rural and northern arts organizations to connect and network with visual and performing artists, and industry representatives from across the country. The conference will kick off with a Thursday night opening night reception, traditional welcome and artisan market featuring local visual artists at the Portage and District Arts Centre.
Top Ten List of Great Reasons to Attend Manitoba Showcase 2018:
1. 16 artist showcases – featuring music, theatre, magic, comedy and dance from across Canada.
2. 3 emerging artist showcases.
3. Contact Room – meet and network with the showcase artists.
4. Opportunities to connect, network and share successes with other Arts Organizations form across the province.
5. Pick the Brain of an Expert – 3 opportunities to sign up for one on one meetings to get feedback from various industry experts on your specific needs/challenges.
6. 14 seminar/panels/group discussions – check out the online schedule for more details.
7. Song Swap – a forum for artists to share songs and receive feedback from peers and presenters.
8. 4 Visual Art Exhibitions – featuring Susan Turner, Hugh Conacher, Karen Cornelius & Peter Tittenberger and Yvette Cuthbert.
9. Artisan Market – buy local art and connect with visual artists from the central region.
10. Artist Open Mic featuring 6 Artist Pitch Sessions and Late Night Networking.
For more information on the conference schedule, registration and accommodations visit our website www.mbartsnet.ca.