CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS: Sex and Sex Ability
Sick + Twisted Theatre is seeking proposals from d/Deaf, disabled, Mad and/or sick performers for our third annual disability cabaret: Sex and Sex Ability.
We are looking for Winnipeg-based performers with disabilities wanting explore the intersection of sex and disability through dance, songs, skits, spoken word, stand up, magic acts, etc
Please send us:
• A brief description of your idea, the performance you’d like to work up.
• Your goals for your participation: what you want the audience to experience, what you hope to learn/develop/explore. If this will be a springboard to something else, tell us that too!
• Your background as a performer or artist. (resume, CV or bio).
What we offer:
• Mentorship (dramaturgical and directorial assistance) will be available to allemerging artists. We’ll help you conceptualize, develop, realize and polish yourpiece.
• All artists will be paid an $800 honorarium for their participation in this project.• Some limited production funds will be available and rehearsal space will be provided.
We encourage collaboration among artists in this project. If you want to propose an idea that needs more performers, we will organize other people to work withyou. We ask that all artists be willing to participate in each other’s work: we’restronger together.
Deadline for submissions is August 17, 2019.
Successful proposals will be contacted by August 30, 2019. The performances will be on November 8 and 9, 2019.
Email your proposal (or questions) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Sick + Twisted is a theatre company dedicated to creating work exploring the experience of living with a disability. Sick + Twisted recognizes that artistic excellence is achievable by artists of all abilities
This project is generously supported by the Canada Council for the Arts, the Manitoba Arts Council and the Winnipeg Arts Council.