Platform Centre for Photographic + Digital Arts: Call for Curatorial Research Proposals, Submission Deadline Extended Until February 21
CALL FOR CURATORIAL RESEARCH PROPOSALS
PLATFORM centre is currently accepting curatorial research proposals for a group exhibition to be presented during our 2020-21 exhibition year. This call for submissions aims to support and foster independent curatorial research and looks for proposals that activate and challenge the centre’s mandate and mission. PLATFORM is an artist-run centre dedicated to considering the expanded role of photography in contemporary art. To gain a greater understanding of the centre and its programming please review our past programming. For further information please contact the Director at email@example.com.
While a finalized curatorial exhibition is not required at this time, proposals should describe in detail an original concept for a group exhibition. Proposals should not include a selection of artists – they should only focus on the concept of the exhibition and its importance for the institution and the audience. The successful candidate will receive a $3,000 CAD fee as well as a travel/research stipend and administrative, installation, marketing and PR support. Proposals will be adjudicated by the strength of the exhibition concept and the curator’s ability to both communicate and realize it.
– develop a group exhibition in consultation with PLATFORM
– write a short statement for a press release
– write a curatorial text for the exhibition (1000 words maximum)
– work with the selected artists to realize their vision and coordinate with gallery staff
– title the exhibition
– design the exhibition layout
– give a curatorial tour of the final exhibition
Applicants must submit the following as a SINGLE PDF no large than 5 MB:
– a cover letter detailing their interest to the call for submissions (one page maximum)
– a exhibition or curatorial description (one page maximum)
– a CV outlining relevant and related experience (three pages maximum)
– 10-15 images of related curatorial work with detailed image list
– 2-3 samples of relevant curatorial writing
To ensure your final PDF does not exceed the file size limit, individual images should be no more than 72dpi, 1024 x 768 pixels, 500 KB. Please see the following inks for instructions on how to combine multiple files into a PDF using Windows or MAC. Submissions that do not follow the guidelines will not be included in the peer assessment selection process.
DEADLINE EXTENDED! Applications are due FRIDAY 21 February, 2020 at 4 PM CST and must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject CALL FOR CURATORS. Mailed submissions will not be accepted. PLATFORM is an equal opportunity employer. While we thank all applicants for their interest in this call, only the individual selected will be contacted.