***PLEASE NOTE THERE HAS BEEN SOME CHANGES FOR THIS CALL***
Submission deadline now: DECEMBER 15, 2017
Artwork submission to be done on line or in person
Artwork date drop off: TBA
Artists at all stages of their careers are encouraged to apply. Equal consideration will be given to emerging and established artists. Whether you are an artist with a disability or an artist who creates work around the discourse of disability, we wish for you to apply. Based on the time line work can be from previous years providing it relates to our theme EXPOSED.
AANM: Exposed – a series of performances and exhibits by professional artists with disabilities, Deaf, and Mad artists. These showcases represent the artists’ professional career and barriers they face, while they perform and exhibit their work. EXPOSED is a link to the community. We want to share experiences and challenges disabled artists and members face in their practice and personal lives.
What does Exposed mean to you?
Immediately following the Members Show, the works will be assessed for a curated show. We will be hosting a second show to take place in our new office space at 329 Cumberland Avenue. The work will be exhibited for approximately three to four months.
These selected works will be for sale and we will be asking for 15% commission. Revenue generated will assist us in further developing our organization.
How to Submit
Please note that; video, sound, and performance art are not accepted for this call.
1. Submissions are only accepted via email or in person, but please call to make an appointment if you wish to drop of a cd.
- Format all written materials as a single .pdf document consisting of:Artist Statement discussing practice and or the piece (50 words max)
- Please include CV if you have one
2. Please label your image files with your full name and title numbered chronologically (max 1 MB). e.g. 1_Smith_Sam_Exposed (Title you have for work)
- one – two digital images (2-D)
- three – four if work is sculptural (3-D)
- you can submit up to a maximum of 5 pieces.
- numbers selected for Open House will depend on space available and how work explores the theme EXPOSED
3. If you wish to sell your work a, please indicate “dollar amount” or note that it is “not for sale”. All proceeds from Member’s Open House show will go back to the artists.
- A commission rate will be applied if chosen for the permanent show in the spring.
- We are happy to announce that Marie Bouchard will be the curator for this event
- Please indicate how you would like to receive payment should your work sell; cash, check or e-wire transfer
4. In your email type “Members Show Open House” in the subject line.
5. Physical work drop off date will be announced in the new year.
Run time of EXPOSED: To be determined
Send completed submission packages by December 15, 2017 to email@example.com
NOTE: work can be dropped off on submission day providing arrangements have been confirmed