Final deadline is January 6, 2018
Artwork submission to be done on line or in person by first week of January.
Artists at all stages of their careers are encouraged to apply. Equal consideration will be given to emerging and established artists. Whether you are an artist with a disability or an artist who creates work around the discourse of disability, we wish for you to apply. Based on the time line work can be from previous years providing it relates to our theme EXPOSED.
AANM: Exposed – a series of performances and exhibits by professional artists with disabilities, Deaf, and Mad artists. These showcases represent the artists’ professional career and barriers they face, while they perform and exhibit their work. EXPOSED is a link to the community. We want to share experiences and challenges disabled artists and members face in their practice and personal lives.
What does Exposed mean to you?
Immediately following the Members Show, the works will be assessed for a curated show. We will be hosting a second show to take place in our new office space at 329 Cumberland Avenue. The work will be exhibited for approximately three to four months.
These selected works will be for sale and we will be asking for 15% commission. Revenue generated will assist us in further developing our organization.
How to Submit
Please note that; video, sound, and performance art are not accepted for this call.
1. Submissions are only accepted via email or in person, but please call to make an appointment if you wish to drop of a cd.
Format all written materials as a single .pdf document consisting of an Artists Statement discussing practice and or the piece/theme (50 words max)
Please include CV if you have one
2. Label your image files with: Image number, your full name, title and year produced (max 1 MB). e.g. 1_Smith_Sam_Exposed 2018
one – two digital images (2-D)
- three – four if work is sculptural (3-D)
- you can submit up to a maximum of 5 pieces.
- numbers selected for Open House will depend on space available and how work explores the theme EXPOSED
3. If you wish to sell your work a, please indicate “dollar amount” or note that it is “not for sale”. All proceeds from Member’s Open House show will go back to the artists.
- A commission rate will be applied if chosen for second show taking place in our office.
- We are happy to announce that Marie Bouchard will be the curator for this event
4. In your email type “Members Show Open House” in the subject line.
Run time of EXPOSED: based on venue availability