Deadline: Friday March 31, 2023
Amount: 4 grants of $2,000
Arts AccessAbility Network Manitoba AANM, with funding from the Manitoba Arts Council is awarding four grants of $2000 each for Deaf and disabled artists in Manitoba.
The Deaf and disabled Arts grants through AANM, are available to help AANM members with creative projects in all art disciplines and professional development. Tell us how this grant could benefit your practice and achieve your artistic goals.
These grants are intended to help artists with disabilities and the D/deaf with financial support to create and improve their artistic practice. Adjudication is based on the clarity and scope of your project proposal (what you want to make and what you need to make it) and/or your plan for professional development (what you want to do to develop your professional practice).
Some project proposals might include:
- Purchasing art supplies for your project
- Hiring a web designer to improve your art website
- Studio rental necessary to complete your project
- Workshops that would contribute to your artistic development
- Finances assistance for completing an exhibition
We accept proposals from artists in all disciplines at all levels of their careers.
Requirements for all applicants:
- Be AANM member (contact Jenel Shaw at email@example.com to learn about membership or go to https://aanm.ca/join-aanm-today/ )
- Be an artist with a disability or D/deaf
- Be a resident of Manitoba
To apply each applicant must submit:
- An up-to-date artistic CV (1 page maximum)
- Project description (500 words maximum)
- Five samples of work (past or current work indicative of your proposal)
- Video/audio submissions cannot exceed a maximum of 6 minutes. You can submit one 6 min piece or 3 shorter pieces that add up to 6mins. Format must be YouTube video.
- 5 Images: maximum file size is 1MB. Format must be jpeg or png.
Consider the following questions, if applicable:
- What are you planning to do?
- What do you hope to achieve?
- Why is this project important?
- What will be the impact on your arts practice?
- What is your ability to undertake this project?
Applications must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you need any assistance with your application or would like feedback ahead of time about your proposal contact Jenel Shaw at email@example.com or (204) 336-2366.