Do you have some spare time on your hands and want to become part of the art community?
Are you a disabled artist who wants to become more active in the art world?
Are you an artist whose work elevates or creates dialogue around individuals with disabilities and societal concern/barriers?
Maybe you are an individual with marketing, computer, legal, social media skills etc. and want to share that knowledge or assist us in the operation of our daily tasks?
Our organization can benefit from your personal and professional experiences. AANM is seeking out individuals who want to contribute to our community and society as a whole.
We are recruiting volunteers and Board Members 🙂
We are looking to:
- establish committees who can assist in the preparations of shows, events, and programming.
- help formulate specialized programming specific to needs of our members and audience.
- create educational workshops that would be a part of our outreach strategies.
- present talks that can educate both members and the public of our mission statement.
- educate individuals about their practice and their desire to either incorporate their personal experiences or not in the work they produce.
- develop resources that are available to artists with disabilities and those who make disabled art.
We would love to have you on board! Give us a call 204 336 2366 or send your CV to Loricia@aanm.ca!
If you come to an event, please seek me out. I would be happy to answer any questions you may have.