10 hours / week , 1 year contract
Deadline for Applications: September 24, 2021 5pm CST
The Program Assistant will be responsible to present and coordinate monthly digital exhibitions and presentations and to assist in the organizing of in-person exhibitions. This position will be expected to attend weekly staff meetings and will receive mentorship from the executive director.
Arts AccessAbility Network Manitoba (AANM) is a regional not-for-profit arts organization dedicated to full inclusion of artists and audiences with disabilities into all facets of the arts community. Our mandate is to support artists with disabilities in achieving individual artistic excellence, promote higher visibility of these artists within all disciplines and promote policies and practices intended to make the arts more accessible to all Manitobans.
- Create call for artists with disabilities to participate in monthly spotlights;
- Select artist to participate, recruit new members and connect with current members;
- Coordinate the development and delivery of monthly exhibitions and presentations
- Develop and manage artist contracts;
- Work closely with artists, performers, musicians and writers to prepare and pre-record their performances/readings;
- Conduct interviews with the artists, edit videos, upload videos to various online platforms;
- Promote and market monthly spotlights across Canada;
- Examining web analytics and recording attendance stats;
- Provide reports to the Executive Director;
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director
Knowledge & Attributes:
- Appreciation for what AANM does, and its mission;
- Lived experiences of Deaf and/or disability;
- Experience and knowledge of accessibility coordination for artistic & cultural events and community gatherings digitally;
- Sound knowledge of and experience with event planning and experience with event coordination and facilitation;
- Strong writing, communications, and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to effectively manage time;
- Commitment to: community engagement, generating and nurturing equitable spaces for various audiences and communities;
- Demonstrated knowledge of digital communications and platforms including wordpress.
The Program Assistant will be hired on a one-year contract. The first three months is a trial period with a review in February 2022.
Position Reports to: Executive Director
Remuneration: $720/month (Gross) for 40 hours/month, 10 hours of work/week at a rate of $18/hour
Length of Contract: November 1, 2021 to October 7, 2022
Total Value of Contract: $8,649 (Gross)
Please email your applications to email@example.com with subject line “Application for Digital Exhibition Program Assistant” no later than Monday, September 24, 2021, 5 p.m. CST.
Include in your email:
- a letter of interest with contact information for two references
- your resume
- links to public social media or projects in which you have played a role (if applicable)
Start date: November 1, 2021
AANM works to promote equity. We encourage BIPOC, disabled/disability identified, d/Deaf, Blind, and LGBTQ2S+ candidates to apply.
To find out more about AANM, visit: https://aanm.ca/aanm-hiring-part-time-programs-assistant/